Do you love looking and following real estate? Do you love to sticky beak at Open Homes and follow Auction results religiously? Do you obsess over floorplans and are always thinking of how to renovate to improve a home? If this sounds like you, we just might have the perfect job for you.
We are one of Sydney’s oldest and most reputable property Buyers Agency. We have been around for nearly a decade and are continuing to grow. We could be biased, but we think we’ve got a pretty awesome job as property Buyers Agents. We get to spend every single day looking at properties and working with wonderful clients to help them find just the right property.
Our office is located at Help Street in Chatswood (very close to Chatswood Station) but a lot of the work would be out on the road inspecting properties. So you need to own a car and be pretty confident about driving around different parts of Sydney.
We are always on the look-out for the right people to join us in the following roles:
You must have a full real estate licence or Certificate of Registration and have worked in the property industry in some capacity.
As a Buyers Agent, you will be responsible for managing a client’s search from start to finish. With support from the Principals, you will need to work independently and demonstrate sound ability to analyse properties, negotiate and close deals.
We expect this to be a part time role requiring the equivalent of 3-4 days of full time work each week depending on your client load at the time.
ASSOCIATE BUYERS AGENT
You must be willing to obtain your Certificate of Registration and have some property-related experience ideally – be it through building, renovating, investing etc.
As an Associate Buyers Agent, you will be assisting the Buyers Agents within the company with general admin, research, data gathering and analysis, inspecting and shortlisting properties, monitoring Auctions and market status, etc. You may also be required to assist on property management matters.
We expect this to be a part time role requiring the equivalent of 2 days of full time work each week depending on how busy we are at the time.
PROPERTY MANAGER (PART TIME)
OH Property Group is looking for a part-time Property Manager (half time) with previous PM experience to help us manage a PM portfolio in North Shore Sydney.
Duties will include:
- Arranging and conducting Open for Inspections and private appointments for prospective tenants.
- Assessing rental applications, reference checking and making recommendations to the owners.
- Preparing paperwork associated with leases and tenancies.
- Conducting in-going and out-going inspections.
- Managing the PM portfolio: obtaining quotes for repairs, arranging for repairs, issuing work orders, conducting periodic inspections and rent reviews, and liaising with tenants and owners.
- Making book-keeping entries into the PM software, uploading of invoices, issuing tenancy invoices and running reports and tenant ledgers.
- Maintaining required hard copy files for PM portfolio
Hours will be quite flexible so long as Opens and Inspections can be held at suitable times. Our office is in Chatswood, very close to the train station but a lot of the work can be done remotely.
Candidates need to hold a minimum Certificate of Registration (as issued by the NSW Office of Fair Trading) and have some prior experience in Property Management.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- The ability to work on Saturdays between 9:30 AM – 5PM. Such is the nature of the real estate business that this is a non-negotiable criteria. Please do not apply if you are not able to commit to working nearly every Saturday. This is not one of those jobs where you can take regular Saturdays off to watch your kids in sports or to attend birthday parties. We cannot stress enough that you will need to give up your family time on Saturdays in order to commit to the job. This is quite possibly the biggest downside of our job so we might as well be upfront about it in order to set the right expectations.
- Good knowledge of Sydney. We work throughout the North Shore, North-West, Northern Beaches, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs and City Fringe. The ideal candidate would be familiar with at least 2-3 of these areas and possibly having lived there as well.
- A love for all things real estate. This is a pretty unique job and we are looking for like-minded property lovers. Everyone who works for the company lives and breathes property. We love everything about it and want someone who is also a property tragic like us.
- Discretion. We are privileged to be able to work closely with our clients and to get to know them, their family and their financial and personal circumstances. We handle a lot of sensitive information and do so with the utmost respect. We pride ourselves on being extremely discreet and expect no less from anyone who joins our company.
- Good memory and meticulous recall of details. You will be inspecting hundreds of properties each year and it would make this job a lot easier if you have excellent attention to detail and have a good memory overall to recall properties that you may have inspected many months ago.
- A good attitude towards delivering the best possible client service. Our clients are treated like VIP’s. That’s the long and short of it. Nothing is too difficult and we are always available to our clients even after hours and on weekends. We don’t do this because we have to but because our clients are entrusting a very important job to us and it is our privilege to be available to them. We aim to make every single client a raving fan of our business and our ambassadors. One past client summed it up best when she wrote on a testimonial for us that the level of service she received made her feel as if she was the only client we had.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to take initiative to get the job done without constant reminder. As a small company, we offer great flexibility with work hours. However, we expect the candidates we hire to be self-motivated and capable of driving their own workload without micro-management.
- Extraordinary communicator. The real estate business is ultimately about people and not about houses. We need team members who are good at listening to clients and capturing their needs and wants. As the job involves a lot of work on the road, it is important that team members communicate well with each other and with the clients so that mistakes are not made.
- Fastidious learner. A lot of the training is on-the-job. We are looking for someone who is not a know-it-all and is willing to learn and to ask questions along the way.
- Highly organised worker. There is a lot of information which is processed in the course of each search for a client. You need to be very organised and capable of filtering, analysing and filing away information for future reference. There is little room for mistakes in our job.
If you are interested, please email your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter, let us know:
- which job you are applying for
- whether you have a current real estate licence or certificate of registration
- that you are willing and able to work on Saturdays
- when you would be available to start work
- your property background/experience
- which geographical area of Sydney you are very familiar with
- what your career aspirations are
- your salary expectation; and
- why you would be an ideal person for the job.
If this is not for you but you know someone who is a property tragic and would be interested, please share the love and let them know.
We look forward to hearing from you!