OH Property Group Pty Ltd trading as OH Property Group understands that privacy is important to you.
OH Property Group is also subject to the requirements of the National Privacy Principles which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act) and which govern how private sector organisations handle personal information.
In order for OH Property Group to assist you in purchasing a property, OH Property Group will need to obtain personal information.
This Agency will not disclose any personal information, unless:
- It is to be used to assist in the search and negotiation of a property that fits your requirements; or
- It is to be used to market the Agency with your consent; or
- Such information as required by law to be disclosed
You may access this Agency’s file relating to your brief, at any time. This shall be done by contacting the Licensee-In-Charge of the Agency. You also have the right to correct any information that may be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
What personal information does OH Property Group collect?
Personal information means any information that can identify you.
OH Property Group may obtain personal information in order to provide you with our services or manage our relationship with you.
If you acquire services from OH Property Group, we may ask you to provide certain details including, for example, your name and contact information, your birth date, your income and other financial details.
Sometimes, we may need to collect personal information about individuals who are not customers of OH Property Group (for example, business contact details of a company representative with whom we deal).
Generally, we will not collect sensitive information about you (such as your race, political beliefs, religion or health) unless this is required to enable us to provide you with services. If we need sensitive information, we will ask for your consent when we collect this information (unless an exception applies).
How is personal information collected and stored?
This will depend on how you interact with us or the services you request from us.
We may collect personal information about you from an application form or verbally from a personal consultation if you meet directly with our team of buyers’ agents.
OH Property Group takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
How is personal information used?
OH Property Group policy is to use personal information only for the main business purposes for which it was collected.
The personal information collected from you by OH Property Group may be used to:
- Provide you with our services or with other information you have requested;
- Notify you about other OH Property Group services or promotions from time to time; or
- Manage our relationship with you
If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about other OH Property Group services or promotions please let us know.
Will personal information be given to anyone else?
Our policy is designed to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information held by OH Property Group and prevent its misuse.
OH Property Group does not sell, rent or trade personal information to, or with, third parties.
In some circumstances, however, personal information may be disclosed outside OH Property Group. For example:
- For legal reasons, disclosures may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisers
- In some circumstances, personal information is disclosed to third parties where this is related to the supply of our services. If OH Property Group makes disclosures of this kind, you will be advised of these disclosures at the time you request OH Property Group to supply you with our services.
- Personal information may be disclosed to third parties to whom OH Property Group contracts out specialised functions, such as mailing houses and printing companies. If so, we take steps to ensure that those contractors comply with the Privacy Act, and are authorised only to use personal information in order to perform the functions required by OH Property Group.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which we hold about you, although there are some exceptions to this. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. OH Property Group’s policy is to consider any requests for access or correction in a timely way.
To provide you with access to your personal information, OH Property Group would ordinarily provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our current databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on current paper files.
Telephone: (+ 61 2) 8901 4818
Facsimile: (+ 61 2) 8078 0288
OH Property Group
302A/7 Help Street
Chatswood NSW 2065
Date: December 2019